Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blooming Lily


Hye...
Welcome to this lil piece of mind of mine...
or maybe u could consider this as my inner voice...
Most importantly, if u know the existence of my blog, it means that u must really be an important person to me...
I'm almost sure that each and everyone of u will ask "Why Blooming Lily??"
I only feel appropiate to tell the reasons behind my choice of title for my personal blog before I start babbling about other things..
I was thinking quite hard on what to name my blog..Sat in the pantry ( currently having my practicals) and thought what is it that's related to me..
Yeah..I do have a lot of nicknames but I felt it has nothing personal related to me..
I mean I can't really be related to baby elephant ( my highschool nickname) because I'm petite for a baby elephant..Except that I like to eat...alot.....n....sleep.....=p
And I definitely can't call it as "Smart Reader Kid's Column" just because my classmates find it amusing to tease my intelligence...
A good friend of mine said to me, " Why not Rudolp?? U have RED nose all the time.."
But to me, it's still not meaningful enough...
It was then I realised something about my name.. Before I forget, I actually have 5 names written on my I/C (4 is mine & 1 is my surname)...
My Chinese name actually means "Beautiful Lily" in Chinese & "Lilies" in Latin...
Futhermore, I'm a follower of Quan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy, who sits on a lotus which happens to be the Asian water lily...
I felt a deep connection to Lilies and I think it suits me best....=)
So....Blooming Lily means it's me blooming, learning and contributing to the society....=)

2 comments: